- 2 cups Kodiak cake mix (or flour of choice)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2c (15oz can) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Kodiak mix, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, honey, greek yogurt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry until combined.
- Transfer the batter to either cupcake liners or a non stick loaf pan.
- Bake 30 minutes for muffins or mini loaves and 45-50 minutes if you use a full loaf pan.
Well, I found my favorite recipe for pumpkin muffins. They were good enough that after a maybe 2-year hiatus of writing blog posts I wrote one up because I know you’ll all be asking for the recipe. I’ll get one up for my famous egg bake soon. I made these muffins often and keep them in the freezer but now that I tweaked the recipe I’ll be making them even more!
If you want to spend $7 for a tiny container of pumpkin spice at the store go for it. You can save a few bucks by making your own so I’ll share the recipe I use. I usually double the recipe and keep it in a mason jar so I always have some on hand:
3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1.5 tsp ground allspice
1.5 tsp ground cloves
What’s your preference- muffin or loaf? There’s something I love about cutting a fresh, hot slice and letting a hunk of butter melt over it. What spice blends do you make on your own?